Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Something Inspirational

Just kidding. I don't really have anything to say. So this is the part where I proceed to say nothing.
I'm not really sure about a lot of things right now. Definitely no profound statements or confident claims coming from this direction.
I've been working at Summers Auto Sales for about 2 1/2 months now. Apparently they like me. I looked for an EMT job today. No success on that front. Part of me wonders if I really want to work in EMS. Another part of me knows I do. At least for a while. I've wondered if saving peoples lives will give me some great sense of accomplishment or purpose. I don't think it really will. Real satisfaction doesn't seem to come from what I do. I know this.
Change is coming. Maybe not quickly. Maybe it will be slow and hardly noticeable. Maybe it will happen overnight. I want to see it coming and prepare. But I don't know what will change, or how.
I want to do something. Something bold. Something that says 'I refuse to live in monotony.' But the only things I can think to do are the same things I do every day. Every week. And I guess that's not bad. How does the saying go, 'The way you spend your minutes is the way you spend your life'?
I want to invest in people. And I do. Sometimes. I want to be better at this.  I don't want to be too lazy or too scared to love the people around me.
I want to live more conscious of the constant presence of God. He said, 'Abide in Me.' I want to stay there. Not just hang out on weekends.
I think I need a hobby. And probably another paycheck. Why do those always have to go together?

1 comment:

  1. "If we will but let our God and Father work His will with us, there can be no limit to His enlargement of our existence" - George MacDonald

    You've got it. Just continue to abide and leave the fulfillment of His amazing promises to God.
    I like your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete