Friday, April 13, 2012

God is the Gospel - Lesson 5

"For God so loved the world..." 
What is is about this statement that is remarkable? Is it because it shows the inherent value of the world? We are so great that even God loves us? No! rather it is a statement about the remarkable nature of God, that He loves us even though we are inherently unlovely.
God derives joy from us finding our joy in Him. God delights in us delighting in Him. I should find my joy in every gift because I find my joy in God. God likes to see me deriving pleasure from His gifts. And even seeking pleasure in His gifts but never to the point where the gifts are the focus. 
I can glorify God by being. If the heavens can declare God's glory by simply being, how much more can I declare Gods glory by just being. The heavens are beautiful even though they are lifeless. I am created in the image of God, full of life, with a will, emotions, passions, actions, thoughts, and desires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment