Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What do I fear?

Throughout scripture God tells people hundreds of times not to be afraid. Fear that is not based on an understanding of the nature of God is wrong. One of the things I want to start doing is uncovering my fears and bringing them face to face with truth. Fear binds, but truth will set you free. A major fear I see in my life is a fear of commitment. It is based in a fear of the unknown. If I commit to something what do I have to give up? Will my life be as comfortable? What if I fail?
Through this blog I want to start chronicling my commitments. I'm going to start small and go from there. I'm not going to take on too much at once. I want to build personal discipline in me life from the foundation up. Some of the things I've been thinking about for short term commitments are physical things like goals for running, jiu-jitsu, working out, hiking, getting up at a certain time, and so forth. Other things are more mental or spiritual disciplines like prayer times, Bible study and memorization, educating my self on history, nutrition, human physiology, or whatever. 
So, that's my vision. Now for diving in head first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment