Friday, May 11, 2012

St. Augustine

"For he loves Thee too little who loves anything together with Thee, which he loves not for Thy sake."

I want to love with the love of God. Completely sold out and given away to the people around me. I want to love so much that my pain at losing a friend to death is only dwarfed by my joy that they can see the face of Christ more clearly. I want to love with no reservations about being taken advantage of. I want to seek the best of every person I come in contact with. I want to love with a love that gives glory to God. I want to love God with a passion that brings all other loves along with it. I want every love to be centered on God, to point to Him, because that is in only real love.
I want my love to be filled with grace. Unmerited favor to those I love. God's grace through me making me able to give grace to imperfect people around me. I want to "love more and love less," that is, to love the people in my life by always loving God more than them. That is the only way to truly love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment